27 June 2008

Mrs. Maile, part 2

She called me today and asked me to take her on some errands. So I took Mrs. Maile ( think personality of Luke with a moderate case of dementia) to Hardesters today. When we got back her house had been broken into. Yikes! We called security and the sheriff. They caught the person and extracted a confession in about 30 minutes.

While the reports and such were being taken she actually stood in the doorway and would not let me leave her house. She told me I was not allowed to talk and she told security that they were not allowed to ask me questions. Good thing HVLA Security was standing there taking a report or I could have been held hostage permanently. So I stood behind her nodding and mouthing the correct answers while she said we went to Walmart and were gone for 10 minutes.

Come to find out she has barricaded security themselves and kicked and spit on them.

Sounds like I just made myself a winner of a friend.

Quotes from Mrs. Maile:
"Maile M A I L E Its a Hawaiian name. Maile Can you enunciate? Do you know the word enunciate?" repeated every 10 minutes

"Do not take your hands off the wheel? Didn't anyone ever teach you to keep both hands on the wheel?"

"oh. You live in a desert. When are you going to put in a lawn?" Well Mrs. Maile it is a drought year. "Nonsense who cares about a drought. You must have a green lawn."

"Smoke? What smoke?"

"I don't need help getting out of the car. You need help getting out of the car."

Mrs. Maile - "How old are you? I'm going to need to see your drivers license."
Robin - "Twenty nine"
Mrs. Maile - "Twenty nine??"
Robin - "Don't I look 29?"
Mrs. Maile - "You look like your 89!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you afraid Mrs. Maile is reading your blog? Personaly, I don't think they should let Hawaiians into the U.S.A.

Sarah Kuhner said...

I laughed all the way through this post. The quotes at the end were histerical. That sounds like a very interesting friendship. Can't wait to hear more.