07 September 2008

ER visit

On Matt's way home through Middletown last Thursday, a fire engine pulled out in front of him. He followed the engine all the way into our driveway.

Elijah had slid in a mudhole that Sam and Joe had made. This was about 5 minutes after I took those pictures of them in the mud. Sam and Joe must have unearthed a large nail in their digging. Elijah's foot slid right down onto the nail. It went through his foot and was pushing up the skin on the other side.


















I counted 8 firemen and 4 trucks. They were very nice to wrap it up and we were seen first at Redbud. We were actually in and out of the ER in 45 minutes. That has to be a record.

He is doing great now with just a small cut still visible. He even ice skated on Thursday.

3 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

Wow! That is a HUGE nail. Elijah looked very brave in the pictures. I wasn't quite expecting it to be so big or to have nearly gone all the way through his foot by your "quotes" the other day. I can see why Elijah thought it was such a big deal. Good job on the pictures. Especially the ones of the x-rays. They will come in handy when he wants to impress the girls. (Don't tell Josiah that. I know he likes the girls and we don't want to give him any ideas) Hehehe.

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Wow! You sure have some great stories. I just got caught up reading back through July. Huge nails, messes every 2 posts or so, repairs, Mrs. Maile...wow what a character!, homeschooling, Titus (I didn't realize he was such a little troublemaker until reading the past few blogs). You have such a fun family. I hope Elijah's foot continues to heal well. What was Matt's reaction following the firetruck to his home?

Little Snortster said...

I got a call today from one of Elijah's friends mom. I guess word on the playground is Elijah went into shock and had to be REVIVED! HaHa! No such thing. If anybody needed to be revived it was the rest of us. Elijah was very brave through the whole thing. Silas told me later he was really sad because he thought Elijah was going to die. And that night Josiah woke me up with his teeth chattering with fear from the nail in E's foot. I think we are all glad its over.