23 August 2017

Self esteem anyone??



Unless I wear pink glitter dresses every day (Abbey’s choice) the boys are the ones I ask if I look presentable before I go out. Here are the last few weeks of comments:

1.       Don’t wear dresses that show your knees. No offense but your knees are kinda ugly.
2.       Don’t wear eyemake up you look like a witch.
3.       You look pregnant in that outfit.
4.       Kid, “You need to do something with your hair.” Mom, “Well I’m just going to the post office. How bad is it?” Kid, “Well no one is going to scream or pass out or anything but you really need to do something different.”
5.       Mom, “How do I look?” Kid, “Well you aren’t wearing eye make up, so you don’t look like a witch…”
6.       Mom, “How is this outfit?” Kid, “I don’t like it, but then I haven’t liked anything you put on today.”
7.       Mom, “How about this?” Kid, “You look like a fat old woman from 1982.” (This one really cracks me up)

Lol! What is with boys anyway! It is a darn good thing that I’m not very sensitive and I don’t put too much stock in their opinion!!! However, I clearly see we need to do some major adjustment on how we answer the question, “How do I look?”!

1 comment:

Little Snortster said...

I better add another.

Titus did my hair (curling iron and then brushed it). It looked good.
Matt: Robin I really like your hair.
Kid: Yeah I'm able to contain my gag reflex