27 March 2010

The Blue Room


We have a peach colored bedroom and a turquoise bedroom. We call the bedrooms the peach room and the blue room to tell them apart.

I had put half the boys on a bunkbed in the peach room and the others in the blue room. Some friends gave us a bunkbed set and I began to set them up in the peach room.

"OH NO!" The boys said, "We do NOT want to sleep in the peach room."

They talked me into taking apart the peachroom bunkbeds and moving them into the blue room as well as putting the new set in the blue room. Of course I got tired of building bunkbeds and halfway through Matt had to come in and rescue my mess. He did give me a hard time and added that if he had known what was going on he definitely would have put his foot down. He thought changing rooms b/c of their color was ridiculous.

So I have 6 boys in the blue room and Abbey and Gideon in the peach room. I'm guessing as soon as Gideon figures out he sleeps in a peach! colored room with the baby! girl! he is going to insist on the blue room as well - leaving poor little Abbey alone in the girly peach room.

Maybe she will be happy if I paint some butterflies on the wall or something. And some ribbons. And curtains. : ) This girl thing might be fun.

1 comment:

Kingly Gift said...

we'll be happy to stay in the peach room:)