20 April 2010

Gideon asleep



Our carbon monoxide alarm went off the other day. It said we had 25x the safe amount in the house. And you know how your mind gets racing...

Carbon monoxide causes headaches. Elijah had a headache all that morning. It also causes fatigue. I was sleepy. Abbey is sleepy. Elijah had been sleeping all afternoon. Gideon is asleep. Elijah might be passed out. I bet they are all unconscious. We are probably dying right now....

You know, the rational thoughts of motherhood.

So, I sent the children outside, but I didn't want Gideon to wake up if it was just a nap and he wasn't unconscious. So I scooped him up and set him in the stroller, which he didn't really fit in, with a jacket on top of him. And went, inside!, to research how to read the alarm and find where the problem was coming from.

Elijah held his breath and looked in on me regularly to see if I was still alive. He dutifully reported to the brothers his findings. "Yep still alive."

The carbon monoxide alarm was just a false alarm. The batteries needed charging or something.

I left Gideon asleep in the stroller outside since I didn't want him to wake up when I moved him back in. He slept another two hours out there with kids and bikes and digging and shouting and everything. He did wake up a little confused.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Glad you have the alarm. You can keep it because we bought a new one. God bless.