14 April 2011

Elijah made dinner.

Matt's real dad, Bob, lives in California.  Bob was in the hospital for a few days and Matt went to see him.  The day Matt left I was tired and had a sore throat and asked Elijah if he was interested in making dinner. He was!  But, he said, he wanted to be able to make his own dish.  He assured me he had nutrition in mind.

What he came up with was yummy and even included vegetables.  He boiled and chopped up chicken breast, cooked egg noodles, made a white sauce from scratch, and also steamed broccoli and asparagus.  Then he combined those ingredients and added a can of cream of mushroom soup and topped it with cheese.  He made two casseroles worth because he said, "that way you don't have to make dinner tomorrow either."  What a sweety.  We all loved it.  Deeelicious.  Thanks Elijah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want some! Your kids are so cool. If only I could see them sometime!

Sarah Kuhner said...

I am very impressed. Way to go mom for teaching your kids how to make a meal from scratch. Most moms couldn't even do that.

I have your box in my car. I am planning on mailing it on Saturday. Look for two girly surprises in it. One for you and one for Abby. Made with love by Sarah!