27 July 2011

The oddities of Lagrange

The last two days I have heard what sounded like a dying goose coming from across the road.  Yesterday I decide to go see if something needed to be put out of its misery.  I climbed the low rise across the street and saw 2 donkeys in the field across from my house.  yes donkeys in Lagrange.

This morning before breakfast the boys and I drove over to see them. One of the donkeys was in its fence and was the friendliest animal you ever saw.  It RAN up to the boys to get loves.  It snuggled with Silas, nibbled his shirt and let everybody pet and scratch him.  When we left he cried like a baby. The guy next door said the donkey was sad because the other donkey got out of the fence.

Okay. so there is a donkey wandering Lagrange.  I'm not that surprised. Lagrange is an interesting place. The guy told me to give him a hollar if I saw it.  I certainly will.

Silas told me he saw the donkey walking down the railroad track road yesterday evening.  Apparently he didn't think to mention a donkey on the loose. : )

Also, Ben caught 3 fish last night and we ate them for breakfast this morning.  brown trout. yum. and zucchini bread with whole wheat and zucchini from our garden. delicious.

1 comment:

Sarah Kuhner said...

That is so funny. I'm so glad that you found out what was making the horrible noise. What a crazy, interesting life you lead. Looking forward to some more photos.