04 August 2011

mom jeans?

I was wearing my normal walmart jeans and a green short sleeve v neck tshirt.  I thought I looked fine. I decided to change clothes as someone had barfed near me multiple times that morning and there could have been splatter and I was going to a class that night.

I put on a different pair of jeans that my sister gave me.  (had to sew shut the zipper as it didn't work and I certainly don't know how to put on a new zipper). I put on a blue striped walmart long sleeved button up shirt that had been at the bottom of my drawer since winter. The classroom is airconditioned and I freeze in there.  I rolled up the sleeves and thought to put on my trusty crocs.  This was no fashion show.  I changed my mind at the last minute on the crocs and decided to go with flip flops although my teacher said they were inappropriate for "field day". I figured, its not field day I'm still ok.

I walked out of the room and Elijah, Sam and Joe's jaws dropped. Josiah said, "WHOA!" I stopped. Problem?

Elijah, "Your dressed! THANK YOU!"
Joe, "You look awesome!"
Sam, "Very nice mom, where are you going?"

mom, "um yes I got redressed, hunter safety with you."

They all tried to explain how I finally had their fashion approval.

Apparently I stumbled upon the approved dress code.

The trick? Kelly's jeans with a broken zipper, a 3 year old cotton Walmart shirt, and dollar store flipflops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you take a picture???