31 May 2013

Real Pie?

Yesterday Matt came home and was telling me about his day. It was all computer blarg to me until he
mentioned asking his boss how the raspberry pie on his desk was. Ah a conversation I can enjoy. His boss said not working well for him, but did he want to give it a try. Matt said sure.

I thought how nice Matt got some raspberry pie at work. So I asked him about it, "What did he mean not working for him? Did it not taste good?"
 
He gave me a look like, you weirdo, what are you talking about?

Hmm raspberry Pie must be more computery blarg and not a real pie.

Sure enough it is Raspberry Pi and it is a computer. Honestly! How would anyone know that?

I really don't think I'm the weirdo. I think raspberry pie in conversation should be assumed to be edible. And this goes for "Ice cream sandwiches" (Android) and "cookies" (stored information).

Who's with me?!



3 comments:

Karisa said...

Clearly, the bigwig marketing meetings are being held around lunch time. On a related note, I always thought it would be clever of Apple to name their products things like Pie, Cobbler, Sauce, even Peel.

Little Snortster said...

i like the apple idea. they could market screen cleaning solution as apple butter.

Sarah Kuhner said...

I totally agree with you Robin. I don't get most of those names either. Chris gives me the "weird" look all the time when I don't get the computer stuff. You are not alone.