20 September 2013

Signs the boys are growing up

Matt has cracked ribs. Uncle Matt's brand new deck broke.

The stories:

We went to visit Uncle Matt and Aunt Kelly this summer. While there Uncle Matt and Elijah got in a wrestling match on their second story deck on which a hot bbq was cooking burgers. The women (Aunt Kelly and I) were interested in avoiding burns and saving the burgers so we shoed them down the stairs off the deck. At the bottom of the deck is the wading pool and Uncle Matt decided he had had enough getting beat by the whiphersnapper nephew and it was time to throw the boy in the pool. The whippersnapper settled on a piece of deck with which to cling to as not to get thrown in the pool. In the end the deck proved no match. All three (piece of deck, Uncle Matt, and Elijah) all ended up in the pool.

The evening was spent repairing the deck and drying out phones and cameras which had been forgotten in their pockets during the dive.

Cracked Ribs
Matt does always wrestle but when he does...

Elijah ended up crumpled on the floor complaining of neck pain. I ignored him as he plays hard, tends to be a vocal patient and nothing is ever wrong. Matt on the other hand felt terrible and hovered over Elijah apologizing and kicking himself for wrestling to hard and not knowing his limits.

Elijah soon roused himself and hobbled to bed (if I had mentioned chocolate milk in the kitchen there would have been a "miraculous" recovery). Matt too retired for the evening and began to pull down the covers only to discover he couldn't make any torso movement without pain. "My ribs" he groaned "Elijah kneed me in the ribs and they hurt really bad." I couldn't help myself. "Right here?" I asked socking him in the ribs. "AGHHH! YES! THERE! AGHHH" I had found the right spot and nailed him perfectly. Hehehe. It brought me great joy.  For several days now deep breaths, coughing, sneezing, sitting, standing, laying, pushing, pulling you name it causes him to groan, moan and cry. BAHAHAHA. I find it especially funny because he was so concerned about injuring Elijah.

2 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

I love all your little stories. When I go to read my blogs, yours is always the first that I click on.

That being said, I can't believe that you punched Matt in his broken ribs. Ouch!! Did he punch you right back. Broken ribs hurt. The only bone I ever broke in my life was my rib-Bekah broke it during labor. Give him some chocolate milk and punch him after those ribs have healed. Hehehe. You do make me laugh.

Unknown said...

uh, yeah. broken ribs do hurt. and she did punch them. :)