19 May 2010

The Boyd Life

Many time I hear people say, "If the Boyds can do it so can we." So I mean for this to be, in some strange way, encouraging.

This week we have 4 broken cars. The VW was at the garage in Scottsbluff. The Suburban was shimmying and then wouldn't start and it is stuck in Matt's parents driveway. The van wouldn't start then got fixed and now won't start again and is stuck in my driveway. Matt borrowed his dad's truck to take to training in Cheyenne and its "water in the diesel tank" light came on and it died on the freeway. He was able to get it home. Last night I picked up the VW in Scottsbluff and the check engine light came on on the way back. Thank you Lord for broken cars.

About two weeks ago I asked Matt if I could buy new towels. We got our current towels hand me down from my mom about 10 years ago. They look like they went through a paper shredder twice. One of them has a 1 foot hole in it. But they do dry you off. I figured I could find some on sale for 5 bucks or so and I needed at least 10 if you include hand towels and wash clothes. Matt looked through our finances and said lets hold off a little longer. Yesterday our neighbor came over and asked if we could use some towels. He gave us 10 bath towels, 8 hand towels and 8 wash clothes gently used. Thank you Lord for providing.

1 comment:

nathanrylee said...

Amen and Amen! It always pays to not spent money.

nathan