24 May 2010

Embarrassing Moments

This Sunday Gideon dressed himself. I was so proud. All I had to do was help him with his overall straps.

Gideon needs to be reminded to use the potty or else he has an accident. So, during Sunday School Matt took Gideon to the bathroom and then dropped him back off in his class. When Matt got back to the adult class with me, he whispered in my ear that Gideon had made it to church without underwear. I thought it was funny and only a little embarrassing because nobody would find out.

During church time I didn't take him to the nursery and let him sit with Matt and I. Gideon laid down on my lap and fell asleep.

About halfway through the sermon I looked down to rearrange him and saw what the entire right side of the church had had in plain view the whole time. Matt hadn't gotten the crotch of Gideon pants completely snapped and he was hanging out in full view. All the parts. and no underwear. We were sitting in the front section at the edge of the pew. So all the people up the diagonal pews had the sight completely unhindered.

So much for nobody finding out.

3 comments:

Leo and Kim said...

still laughing out loud as I type this.

Grandma said...

so funny

Sarah Kuhner said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!

Please, please, please write a book. I'll definitely buy a copy.