05 March 2011

Giddybug and Bacon

I had planned chicken, mashed potatoes and salad for dinner last night.  I had cooked up some bacon to sprinkle on the salad, along with boiled eggs, cheese, etc.

Gideon got up from his nap in the middle of my meal prep and wanted to be held.  "I looooove you momma."  He said sweetly to me melting my heart.  "I love you too Gideon."  "and I like bacon momma."  He had spied the bacon on the counter.

I finished cooking and was setting it on the table when I realized I couldn't find the bacon.  Not on the counter, not in the fridge (Fezzik the dog no longer lives with us so that wasn't an option).  I asked the boys, "Where's the bacon?"  nobody knew.  Then I remembered Gideon's comment.  "Gideon, Where's the bacon?"  "oh its in the closet."  He had squirrelled a pound of bacon away to snack on in his closet. : )

No comments: