02 December 2009

God provides

Our money situation is tight as usual. The boys needed bunkbeds so I spent some of my grocery money on wood so Matt could build them. A few other unplanned expenditures, the car headlight ect, left me with only 3 dollars for groceries for the rest of the week.

The kids came home from school with a project to make a gingerbread house for the Christmas program. It was going to require candy and graham crackers to make the house. My 3$ wasn't going to cover it.

Later that day I took a walk to get some exercise. I could feel God prompting me to cross the street and stop in a friends house and say hello. The friend is busy and I fought God a little thinking she's not expecting me, she's busy... but I went anyway. She was about to leave for town, but invited me in to see her Christmas tree really quick. On our way back out she said, "Oh! I bet you could do something with this! I've been wondering what to do with it." And right then she handed me a gingerbread house kit with all the candy and graham crackers.

God is faithful and is our provider.

3 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

Thanks for sharing! God is such a wonderful provider. I love seeing Him work as we obey Him and follow His prompting.

I keep trying to call you but can't get through. Call me when you have a chance. I'd love to catch up with you.

Little Snortster said...

I will do that. We are attempting cell phone #3 for me, and tech call number 147 million. : )

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing that Robin!!!! God is so good and you are a blessing! We are thankful for you - how are you doing?