13 July 2010

Lagrange Life Pictures

This is our backyard neighbor. God gave him 5 children and he is very patient with ours. He likes the pit they dug in the side yard. He says that is a good activity for boys to do. : )




Here they are paving B Street and fixing the drainage issues. They call them oil roads around here.



Looks like a rain cloud is coming in!



Wyoming has been in a drought for the past 10 years. This year they had lots of moisture. There is a 15 minute downpour about every afternoon. It is a nice cooling off after a hot day. Lots of days I don't have to water my garden.

And my garden is doing amazing! The soil is much more fertile here than our old house. I didn't even prepare the ground with anything. The success comes with a price though. Lots of weeds to pull. At the Hidden Valley house the plants had a hard time growing so the weeds didn't even try. We have lots of grasshoppers. I'm concerned they are going to eat the garden. I pay the boys a penny a grasshopper to get rid of it. They have killed 1400 grasshoppers and counting. Good thing I said a penny and not a nickel. We have also been collecting frogs and putting them in the garden to eat the grasshoppers.

I can't remember if I mentioned I gave back the raccoon. Too many things to keep alive and the raccoon was last on the list. I was the most unpopular mother and wife for about a week but I think they got over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That not a oil road that we call cement !no oil in cement

Little Snortster said...

oh yes that is true.