18 July 2010

The Loveland Classic

Before the race






and after.



We all finished! I think it was a mile but if felt short so maybe half mile? That is Uncle Matt in the red shirt and my sister in the blue. We went to her house on Friday to swim and play. Saturday morning we did the race and Chick fil A. Then on home for Luke to cut his head open, me to find the snake (posted below)....

Last night we went to Lone Tree Canyon for a picnic with friends. I don't know why its called Lone Tree - its a forest.

We saw fireflies and a herd of horses. There was no wind so the smoke from our campfire went straight up. The weather was beautiful. It was warm but not hot and no mosquitos. It is even more in the middle of nowhere than Lagrange and we got to see the stars so clearly. Gideon wanted me to lift him up so he could get one. : )

The boys hiked up to the cliffs on the sides of the canyon. We had smores. It was very peaceful and beautiful.

When we left the herd of horses was standing just feet from our van. One big beautiful white horse was standing behind our van. It let Matt and I come and stroke its neck and back. Its hair was silky soft. Surreal. and heavenly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don'T see water bottles ?

Sarah Kuhner said...

Loved reading through all your posts. I'm all choked up right now-missing you so much. We are going on our camping trip tomorrow and it just won't be the same with out you all. Love ya!