15 July 2010

Nate and Rylee visit

i

Abbey and Rylee have so much fun together. Rylee teaches me how to be more feminine and how to cook.

We have so much fun when they are here. Our usual week is sampling specialty chocolate, and snacks and drinks that Nate and Rylee bring. And playing board games and sometimes a tennis match. They both take a run everyday. Nate does 10-15 miles depending on what he is training for. Rylee does 2-3. This last trip, Matt's parents watched the kids and we did a night away in Fort Collins with just the 4 of us and Abbey. It was amazing. I wasn't responsible for anybody but Abbey. It was a very freeing feeling. I decided to be selfish. I went swimming for me. I took a long shower.

Nate job is working for Arup Laboratories where they test samples for dangerous viruses and bacteria. His specialty is Tuberculousis. His biology training makes him very aware of germs on surfaces and hand washing and stuff. Part of his job is washing his hands about 100 times a day.

He says it is good for him to come visit because it helps him realize that his body is able to fight off lots of germs. I think he is always amazed that we survive the dirt and grime of little boys.

He says it helps him be less excessively clean at home. Everything in moderation Nate.

It helps Matt and I because Nate stands over the boys while they do their chores and explains to them the proper way to clean. : ) I love that. One of the things he taught one of the boys was "Don't dry the dishes on your underwear." I am so glad he was there. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh...another rule??? Why can't we dry the dishes with our skivies? Its always worked before??!!!

...DadD

Sarah Kuhner said...

I had to read that last comment about not drying the dishes on ones underwear to Chris. We both had a good laugh about that.

Please, please write a book someday.