29 August 2011

For the Hornoks and the Zanders: Silly Dreams

Joe had some bad stomach cramps last night. As I sat with him and listened to him writhe and groan in pain I thought it reminded me of labor.  The cramps went away and I went back to sleep.

I dreamed my friends the Hornoks decided to have an unassisted home birth.  They went camping and Rylee was having her baby in the woods.  Her husband was delivering the baby.  Her contractions eased up and I told Nathan I thought labor had stopped.  The Zanders showed up and Nathan handed Heather Zander a syringe with pitocin in it and Heather gave Rylee a shot in the armpit.  I woke up before Rylee had the baby.

However, Rylee had the baby in real life 2 weeks ago so I wasn't left hanging.  I do think Heather needs to learn where to give a shot though.

Joe feels much better this morning.

No comments: